Create a simple yet delicious Strawberry and Vanilla Cheesecake for your friends and family this summer.
What you'll need
150g SPAR digestive biscuits
90g SPAR dairy butter
3 sheets gelatine, cut in strips
400g cream cheese
75g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml SPAR double cream
250tbsp strawberry jam
400g strawberries, hulled
1. Place 150g digestive biscuits in a food bag and crush.
2. Combine with 90g melted butter and press into a 20cm loose bottomed spring form tin and chill.
3. Soak 3 sheets gelatine in 3 tbsp water until softened.
4. Beat 400g cream cheese, 75g caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
5. Whisk 150ml double cream until thick and fold into the into the cream cheese mix.
6. Warm the gelatine in a small pan, until melted – do not boil or it will not set the cheesecake - carefully fold into the mixture.
7. Spread 250g strawberry jam over the base, then top with the cheese mixture. Smooth the surface and chill for at least 3 hours.
Visit your nearest convenience store today to grab all the essentials you need for a delicious sweet treat!