Let’s talk about brownies: divinely decadent, moist, and bursting with chocolate flavour. This vegan version is pure indulgence just waiting to be devoured!
Cook Time: 30 mins
Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie? These simple vegan brownies are a sweet treat from heaven.
What you'll need
100 grams extra-virgin coconut butter
100 milliliters vanilla almond milk
1 cup vegan unsweetened dark chocolate
3 tablespoons ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
100 grams corn flour
100 grams rice flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder (or regular cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon baking powder (or baking soda)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons powdered or liquid stevia (optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
1. The first step is to make your "eggs". Soak the 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds into 9 tablespoons of water and leave it for about 10 minutes to incorporate.
2. Melt the extra-virgin coconut butter with the unsweetened dark chocolate on a water bath.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn and rice flour, dark cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Add the vanilla almond milk,vanilla extract and the ready flax eggs to the flour mixture. Mix again.
5. Add the melted coconut butter and chocolate to the mix.
6. Finally, add the crushed walnuts into the batter and mix everything together until everything is well combined.
7. Preheat your oven to 350°F or 175°C degrees.
8. Take a baking dish or spring form pan and place baking parchment on the bottom. Grease it with coconut butter to prevent the brownies from sticking.
9. Pour the ready brownie batter into the greased dish.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
11. After baking, remove from the oven, cut into pieces, serve and enjoy.