Pork Loin Roast
The perfect pork loin roast means fluffy stuffing, crispy crackling, and all the right trimmings. Here at SPAR, we believe good food should be easy, quick, and affordable. That’s why we’re delighted to share this family friendly pork loin recipe. Short on time? Unlike most, this perfect pork loin recipe only takes 20 minutes to prep, then bung it in the oven and enjoy. So get ready to sit down, and tuck into a delicious dinner.
At a Glance
1 hour 45 min
How to Cook a Pork Loin Joint
When it comes to cooking pork loin, it’s all about getting the flavours right, serving with all the right trimmings, and most importantly, getting that crackling crispy to a T. Wondering how long to cook a pork loin joint for to get the best crackling? Or cooking a pork loin joint this weekend and just want to try a different recipe to usual? Try out the recipe below!
What you'll need:
- 500g Pork Loin with Crackling
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Sprig of Rosemary and Thyme
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 500g New Potatoes (halved)
- 2 Carrots (sliced)
- 1 Broccoli
- 30g Brussel Sprouts
- 85g Sage & Onion Stuffing
- 4 Yorkshire Puddings
- Apple Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees.
- To prepare your pork loin, score across the crackling and rub your oil, herbs, salt, and pepper all over the joint and into the scores.
- Place this in the oven for 20 minutes to get the crackling nice and crispy.
- Once crispy, turn the oven down to 180 degrees and cook for a further hour, or until the juices run clear.
- While the pork is cooking, boil your sprouts, broccoli, carrots and potatoes for between 10-20 minutes depending on how soft you want them.
- For the roast potatoes, toss your potatoes with salt, pepper, and flour and add into the roasting tin with your pork loin for 40 minutes.
- Prepare your stuffing mixture, and cook in the oven for around 30 minutes, until the top becomes slightly crispy.
- Once your pork is cooked, you can use the juices to make a gravy. Simply add to flour and stock or gravy granules.
- Place your Yorkshire puddings in the oven for a few minutes, or try your own homemade Yorkshire puddings. Top tip: If you want to make your own, we have a really easy Yorkshire pudding recipe too!
- Once they’re ready, serve up with your pork loin, vegetables and stuffing, and cover with gravy. Finally, don’t forget to add a nice dollop of apple sauce!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!